Paradoxes and Problems

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My LIBERAL Writing 

I was perusing some of my grade school writing journals, and came across this frightening entry:

"If I were presedent I would make sure that there was a law passed for no smoking at all. I would also send money to the people in South Carolina that got hit in the Hurricane Hugo. I would send about 90,000 dollars and a bunch of workers to help clean up. I would also give poor people a home and enough money for a job. If I were president I would make snuff and chew illegal and take it all out of every store in America. I would also make any kind of beer drinking illegal. I would also try to get the fight against war get going faster. I would help people with slow moving businesses. I would give them a little bit of money to help get them started."

Geez, did my parents read Das Kapital to me at bedtime or what? I was 11 years old when I wrote this. Thankfully, my grammar, spelling, and capacity for rational thought have all greatly improved.
Posted by Kelly @ 4:57 AM

Comments:

"Any man under thirty who is not a liberal has no heart, and any man over thirty who is not a conservative has no brains."

--Winston Churchill

Looks like you're fine. But I, apparently, am heartless, as I was secretary of the Young Republicans in college. OOPS.
Huh! I think I just read that very post several leftist blogs!!!
Oh, I was firmly conservative by the time I started high school. That 30 given by Churchill is way too lenient in my opinion. I'd say if you aren't conservative by the time you have your first job and have to be self-reliant, then you have no brain.
Well, Kelly, he did say "man." They are a little slower to catch up, right, NH? ;-)
I guess you are right, Kristine. After all, it is men who make up the core support of the Democratic party... OH!!! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Its WOMEN!!! That's right, soft, cute, little, helpless WOMEN!!!

I guess Church should have also said:
"Any woman who is not a liberal has no heart, and any woman who... well, never mind."

;)
Now, don't get me wrong, NH, I was just reminiscing about high school for a minute. ;-)
That was just a function of being a "P" (as in INTP). P's have a tendency to try or at least consider everything before arriving at a decision. It can be a strength, as when confronting someone who clings to a philosophy that has proven itself inferior, in this case, liberalism, I have a deeper understanding of their position (having once held it myself). In The Art Of War, Sun Tzu said "Know your enemies and know yourself, and 100 times in 100, you shall be victorious."
invisible