Paradoxes and Problems

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Happy Anniversary part 3 of 5 

Dave and I have only been married for two years, and that's definitely not long enough to start giving out advice. So I don't. But I believe I have identified the single biggest thing that helped our marriage from the get go. We were both happy single people. We didn't love being single, but we were fine and content with it. I think alot of people go into marriage thinking it'll fix something with them, or, on the other side of the coin, because they think it's expected of them. That being said, it's a good thing we had that little boost going into it, to compensate for the mistakes we made starting shortly thereafter. Live and learn.

On with the next 10 things I love about my husband:

21) He rarely worries.
22) He's understanding of my introverted tendencies.
23) He makes up songs and sings them to me and the dog.
24) He smells good.
25) He's hot.
26) He'll tell people embarassing stories about himself, especially when it'll make me feel better about something stupid I just did.
27) He'll go out late at night to get me medicine, even if he's also sick.
28) He says insightful things at the most unexpected times.
29) He appreciates my humor.
30) He's been told he looks like 3 different actors: Ashton Kutcher, Leonard Nimoy, and Howie Mandell. He accepts them all gracefully. To be fair, the only person who says he looks like Howie Mandel is my grandmother, and she has glaucoma.
Posted by Kelly @ 8:46 AM

Comments:

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who rates smelling good high on the list of desirable attributes. The first thing I liked about my husband is that he smelled real good.
going out for medicine is so endearing; I wish I could do that---if Dave gets sick, I go to my Mom's---and that's a 7 hour drive.
Kristine: Without a doubt, smelling good is on the top of the list. Who doesn't want that? I can completely relate to that commercial where the girl is frustrated with her boyfriend, then she catches a whiff of him and all these positive memories come flooding in.

Lorna: 7 hours away huh? Well, that seems reasonable. I just like to clean obsessively when Dave is sick. Going to mom's house seems like a much easier way to avoid the germs. I'll keep that idea in my back pocket for the next time Dave catches a cold. Thanks.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2005 11:02 AM
That was me, Kelly, on that last comment. Blogger is going all wonky for me today.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2005 11:03 AM
invisible