Randomly Ringing in the New Year
Happy 2006 everybody. Woo! I've got some thoughts rambling around in my brain, so I thought I'd start the new year by writing them out.
I found many kindred spirits in the blog world about New Year's celebrations. I like to spend it quietly and go to bed early. Seems there are quite a few people who feel the same. This year we spent it at family's house, where Dave made a baby cry, twice, just by looking at him, and I nearly fell asleep after one pitiful glass of champagne. We were home and sawing logs by 11 pm, so it was all good.
I'm still astounded by the number of parents I know who bought their kids Xbox 360s this year. I have to work hard to control my spending and my parents rarely ever spoiled me like that. I wonder if these kids will have a tougher time with their money when they get older, since they get pretty much everything they want right when they want it.
Am I the only one who wishes they would have gag reels for dramatic movies? They never do, probably so they don't undermine the seriousness of the movie. But I imagine they're not all serious during the filming of the movie. I want to see Oskar Schindler screwing up his lines in Schindler's List, or one of the apostles getting a case of the giggles in The Passion of the Christ. It'd be wonderfully surreal, no?
Hey everyone! It's my first blog award. What a way to ring in the new year ...
I found many kindred spirits in the blog world about New Year's celebrations. I like to spend it quietly and go to bed early. Seems there are quite a few people who feel the same. This year we spent it at family's house, where Dave made a baby cry, twice, just by looking at him, and I nearly fell asleep after one pitiful glass of champagne. We were home and sawing logs by 11 pm, so it was all good.
I'm still astounded by the number of parents I know who bought their kids Xbox 360s this year. I have to work hard to control my spending and my parents rarely ever spoiled me like that. I wonder if these kids will have a tougher time with their money when they get older, since they get pretty much everything they want right when they want it.
Am I the only one who wishes they would have gag reels for dramatic movies? They never do, probably so they don't undermine the seriousness of the movie. But I imagine they're not all serious during the filming of the movie. I want to see Oskar Schindler screwing up his lines in Schindler's List, or one of the apostles getting a case of the giggles in The Passion of the Christ. It'd be wonderfully surreal, no?
Hey everyone! It's my first blog award. What a way to ring in the new year ...
Comments:
Post a Comment
"Jack? Oh Jack don't drown, please, HOLD on and...oh Leo that's disgusting! Cut--!"
or Brad Pitt opens the box at the end of Se7en and Morgan Freeman put one of those exploding cans of snakes in there. The possibilities are endless. =)
or Brad Pitt opens the box at the end of Se7en and Morgan Freeman put one of those exploding cans of snakes in there. The possibilities are endless. =)
This gag reel thing has real potential. I think you should host a Blog Party focussing on it.
And tell Dave to stop making babies cry---it's way too hard on those of us who have a kneejerk I-think_I'll-cry-myself reaction to babies crying
And tell Dave to stop making babies cry---it's way too hard on those of us who have a kneejerk I-think_I'll-cry-myself reaction to babies crying
