Here's the deal
Yes, I've been lazy lately and haven't been posting very much. But I have a reason for my laziness:

So, um, SURPRISE!
It's not like I've only wanted to post about being pregnant and therefore didn't post anything. I want to post, and on top of that, I want it to be about normal things. Unfortunately, the early symptoms haven't been kind to me. Instead of thinking about things to post, here is what is constantly going through my mind:
"StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake."
Well, that was up until about 3 weeks ago, when it turned to:
"StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp.StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp.StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp."
You see? No time to think about things to write on the ol' blog. And, unfortunately, it looks like that won't change anytime soon. It's a bummer. I'm very happy but I just wish I felt a bit more normal. We did hear the heartbeat last week, which made me go "What sickness?" Until a couple days later when I was pulled over on the side of the turnpike with my head in a bag. And then I was like "Oh yes, this sickness."
So, I'm going to keep commenting on people's blogs and doing MCF's tests and hopefully I'll be back in the game soon.

So, um, SURPRISE!
It's not like I've only wanted to post about being pregnant and therefore didn't post anything. I want to post, and on top of that, I want it to be about normal things. Unfortunately, the early symptoms haven't been kind to me. Instead of thinking about things to post, here is what is constantly going through my mind:
"StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake.StayAwake."
Well, that was up until about 3 weeks ago, when it turned to:
"StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp.StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp.StayAwake.Don'tThrowUp."
You see? No time to think about things to write on the ol' blog. And, unfortunately, it looks like that won't change anytime soon. It's a bummer. I'm very happy but I just wish I felt a bit more normal. We did hear the heartbeat last week, which made me go "What sickness?" Until a couple days later when I was pulled over on the side of the turnpike with my head in a bag. And then I was like "Oh yes, this sickness."
So, I'm going to keep commenting on people's blogs and doing MCF's tests and hopefully I'll be back in the game soon.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Yay!!!!After the first trimester, it's a breeze. Unless you hate feeling large, sexy, starving, sugar-deprived or fat-ankled.
Now, what's Dave's excuse?
Now, what's Dave's excuse?
At first I was like, "why is there a picture of a toothbrush handle?". then I saw the lines. =)
Congrats to you both! You're going to make awesome parents. That kid already has some cool video games to look forward to for one thing. =)
Congrats to you both! You're going to make awesome parents. That kid already has some cool video games to look forward to for one thing. =)
At first, I thought you were showing off a new flash drive...
This is much better :-)
This is much better :-)
WOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Congrats, Kelly!!!!
Congrats, Kelly!!!!
Lorna: That's what everyone keeps telling me, but I'm 12 weeks, that's the end of the 1st trimester and it's not subsiding at all. Hey, kid, see that nice placenta over there? Start using it, and ease up on mom a bit, OK?
To be fair, Dave has been doing practically all the housework, grocery shopping, etc since the symptoms came down on me pretty hard. That still doesn't account for the whole time he's not been blogging, though. (Can't let him get off too easy. ;-) )
MCF: I remember a lot of people not "getting" the test over at The Happy Husband's blog either. Silly people. :-) Anyway, I say a blog isn't complete until you post a picture of a stick you peed on for the world to see.
Yes, we already have many toys in addition to video games. We kept justifying those purchases by saying "We'll have a kid someday who will love all this stuff". So, really we just got pregnant to assuage our guilt. I mean, that's as good a reason as any, right?
Wendy: Are you kidding? This would be yet ANOTHER hook to help us get on the show. "Will they finish the race before the one lady's water breaks? Tune in next week!"
Thanks, everyone, for the congrats.
To be fair, Dave has been doing practically all the housework, grocery shopping, etc since the symptoms came down on me pretty hard. That still doesn't account for the whole time he's not been blogging, though. (Can't let him get off too easy. ;-) )
MCF: I remember a lot of people not "getting" the test over at The Happy Husband's blog either. Silly people. :-) Anyway, I say a blog isn't complete until you post a picture of a stick you peed on for the world to see.
Yes, we already have many toys in addition to video games. We kept justifying those purchases by saying "We'll have a kid someday who will love all this stuff". So, really we just got pregnant to assuage our guilt. I mean, that's as good a reason as any, right?
Wendy: Are you kidding? This would be yet ANOTHER hook to help us get on the show. "Will they finish the race before the one lady's water breaks? Tune in next week!"
Thanks, everyone, for the congrats.
After First Trimester stories ... never happened at our house.
But ... my wife would be more than willing to tell you how she got anti-nausea medication from Canada (which you can too!) and how she got the hubby to become the personal nurse and caregiver (once he got the hang of it was actually surprised and motivated to do more when saw the results of his small efforts).
Congratulations to the both of you!
But ... my wife would be more than willing to tell you how she got anti-nausea medication from Canada (which you can too!) and how she got the hubby to become the personal nurse and caregiver (once he got the hang of it was actually surprised and motivated to do more when saw the results of his small efforts).
Congratulations to the both of you!
Man usual, I'm, pulling up the rear. I can't believe it. I'm always the last to know. Congratulations, Kelly! I'm sure you will have a healthy, happy, and well-adjusted little one! He or she is probably already mentally stting up his or her Netflix queue. LOL
Ah, that explains the toothbrush deja vu--I made pretty much the same comment back when Curt posted his test results at THH. There are no new jokes, only old MCFs. :)
Due date is September 30. It's gonna be a fall baby!
Kristine: I'm sure that's true. And the kid sure as heck better not put any Barney on there!
Kristine: I'm sure that's true. And the kid sure as heck better not put any Barney on there!
It's gonna be a fall baby!
Hopefully you mean the season...
Hopefully you mean the season...
Congratulations on the new addition to the family.
