I revise my answer
Last night's season finale of The Office was the best and most frustrating season finale cliffhanger.
Comments:
Post a Comment
We watched about half of it and both started dozing off and didn't finish it. GGGGHHHAAAHGGH!!! We didn't realize it was the season finale! The last thing I remember is Darryl laughing about the "slang" he'd taught Michael. What'd we miss? Something about Pam and What's-his-name, I guess.
"Something about Pam and What's-his-name, I guess" Um, YEAH! Here's what happened so anyone who doesn't want to know stop reading.
.
.
.
Jim runs into Jan and she asks him if he's thought more about taking the job in NY. He says yes and insinuates that he's going to. He talks to Pam in the parking lot and tells her that he's in love with her. Pam says that her friendship means so much to her and he says he doesn't want that, he wants to be more than friends. She (of course) says she can't do that. It then goes to Pam in the office by herself, talking to her mom about what just happened with Jim. In response to some question from her mom she says "I think I am". Then, Jim comes in, she hangs up and he kisses her! It takes alot for sappy stuff to get to me but OH.MY.GOODNESS. It then ends. IT FREAKIN' ENDS ON THAT!!! They're evil. They wrote such a great and suspenseful episode that I want to know what happens right now!
.
.
.
Jim runs into Jan and she asks him if he's thought more about taking the job in NY. He says yes and insinuates that he's going to. He talks to Pam in the parking lot and tells her that he's in love with her. Pam says that her friendship means so much to her and he says he doesn't want that, he wants to be more than friends. She (of course) says she can't do that. It then goes to Pam in the office by herself, talking to her mom about what just happened with Jim. In response to some question from her mom she says "I think I am". Then, Jim comes in, she hangs up and he kisses her! It takes alot for sappy stuff to get to me but OH.MY.GOODNESS. It then ends. IT FREAKIN' ENDS ON THAT!!! They're evil. They wrote such a great and suspenseful episode that I want to know what happens right now!
Come on now. She kissed him back of course! ::sigh:: Ooooh, I hate things that make me feel all girly, and yet, I love things that make me feel all girly!
Do you guys watch the show regularly? If so I cannot believe you'd delete it!
Do you guys watch the show regularly? If so I cannot believe you'd delete it!
I couldn't watch The Office because I was watching a heartbreaking CSI.
I should really start watching this show. I'm at that point in the year where I'm looking forward to finales, to free up more time for movies. Maybe I'll watch the reruns over the Summer. Between Smallville, Earl, and Supernatural, Thursdays have been packed.
Why in shows and movies is the other guy always conveniently an "idiot"? I'd love to see a more realistic scenario where we'd feel bad for whichever guy didn't get the girl, just to have a twist. I guess they sort of did that on Frasier with Sol Rubinek's character. Fans wanted to see Niles end up with Daphne, but Donnie was a pretty likeable guy, breaking the cliché.
Hope you had a great (pre-)Mother's Day!
Why in shows and movies is the other guy always conveniently an "idiot"? I'd love to see a more realistic scenario where we'd feel bad for whichever guy didn't get the girl, just to have a twist. I guess they sort of did that on Frasier with Sol Rubinek's character. Fans wanted to see Niles end up with Daphne, but Donnie was a pretty likeable guy, breaking the cliché.
Hope you had a great (pre-)Mother's Day!
Oh, I totally agree with you, MCF. I'd love to see that twist. Everytime I see Sleepless in Seattle, I always get upset and yell at the TV. Bill Pullman plays a nice character, we're supposed to dislike him because he has allergies?? Stupid. That's why I normally don't like romantic movies/shows/subplots, but a girl can't be strong against them ALL the time. :-)
I hope you do check out The Office. It's really a fun show, and I think the second season is so much better than the first (and I really liked the first). There's alot more going on than the romantic stuff. Anyway, there are shows I'd like to try out too. Would like to see what Earl's about and also want to try out Veronica Mars. And I gotta try at least a few episodes of Scrubs.
And hey, thanks for the pre-Mother's Day wishes!
I hope you do check out The Office. It's really a fun show, and I think the second season is so much better than the first (and I really liked the first). There's alot more going on than the romantic stuff. Anyway, there are shows I'd like to try out too. Would like to see what Earl's about and also want to try out Veronica Mars. And I gotta try at least a few episodes of Scrubs.
And hey, thanks for the pre-Mother's Day wishes!
There's alot more going on than the romantic stuff.
Yeah, in fact, from my point of view, the Jim/Pam stuff is just annoying. This won't go over well with my wife or Kelly, but the truth is, I do not CARE. Why should I care? Why should I care about Pam, a woman shallow enough to be engaged to a guy with the brains of a tree? And Jim behaves like an eighth-grader with a crush. It's just silly TV soap-opera crap and it gets on my nerves. The love story element of The Office is, to my way of thinking, no different than The OC or shows of that ilk.
On the other hand, the Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson characters frequently make me literally laugh out loud. Few sitcoms do that. The Diversity Day episode really is very, very good. If you can't see it on TV, download it for two bucks from iTunes. It's an extremely funny half-hour.
Yeah, in fact, from my point of view, the Jim/Pam stuff is just annoying. This won't go over well with my wife or Kelly, but the truth is, I do not CARE. Why should I care? Why should I care about Pam, a woman shallow enough to be engaged to a guy with the brains of a tree? And Jim behaves like an eighth-grader with a crush. It's just silly TV soap-opera crap and it gets on my nerves. The love story element of The Office is, to my way of thinking, no different than The OC or shows of that ilk.
On the other hand, the Steve Carell and Rainn Wilson characters frequently make me literally laugh out loud. Few sitcoms do that. The Diversity Day episode really is very, very good. If you can't see it on TV, download it for two bucks from iTunes. It's an extremely funny half-hour.
Your opinions go over just fine with me, Darrell. I'm sure there's lots of stuff you like that would baffle me as to why you like them, it's just a difference of opinion. I really watch the show for the Dwight character. And for my money the Diversity Day episode is the best of the first season. I still crack up thinking of Michael's question to Oscar: "Is there a term you prefer to Mexican? Something less offensive?" LOL! Oh man, Michael is such a loser.
I'm convinced that eventually a collector's edition of a DVD season of The Office will come with the Dwight bobblehead.
You can buy one at the NBC Store. I'd love to get one but I would then spend all my time trying to move it with my mind, forsaking all my work and chores.
