Uh, is that really professional?
I work in a technical field, and am signed up for a few newsgroups dealing with a particular piece of software I use often. All the topics and responses get sent to my email inbox. Most of the user names are some sort of variant of the user's real name (initials, last names, etc) but someone signed up with the moniker of spicykiss4u.
And he/she likes to post in the newsgroup. A lot.
Dear spicykiss4u,
Obviously, you missed the memo that your screen name for work related things does not necessarily have to be the same screen name as the one you use for match.com. Now that I've corrected this oversight, please change to something a normal person would use so I can actually read your responses instead of feeling the need to get all your content out of my email before my boss walks by.
Thanks and all the best,
cutieInPA
And he/she likes to post in the newsgroup. A lot.
Dear spicykiss4u,
Obviously, you missed the memo that your screen name for work related things does not necessarily have to be the same screen name as the one you use for match.com. Now that I've corrected this oversight, please change to something a normal person would use so I can actually read your responses instead of feeling the need to get all your content out of my email before my boss walks by.
Thanks and all the best,
cutieInPA
Comments:
Post a Comment
Irony is the greatest form of humor. Awesome.
I have a friend who uses ftucker---reasonable since it's his name, but when I was working it always made me feel I needed flash screenchanger.
Wow, did Lorna's comment just make me do a double-take! Yeah, that definitely is a risky handle. =)
"ftucker" made me do a double-take also. I think I would put some extra letters in there, like maybe a middle initial ...
I strenuously disagree. Just because he/she is wise in the ways of the software doesn't mean his/her kisses are boring and/or bland! Please, allow him/her to be all that he/she can be and kiss with as many Scoville units as he/she wishes! Haven't you ever SEEN Legally Blonde? Kelly, really. Think.
