Paradoxes and Problems

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Eaten by the monster of love 

I found this question over at The Art of Getting By.

What's the story of your first crush?

Well, I'm sure I had crushes in grade school, but the first one I remember is from junior high. Gosh, I can remember his face but I'm not positive about his name. I'm pretty sure it was Pedro. (I'm going to have to dig out the yearbook.) We were friends and he was very cute, so of course I had a big crush on him. I suppressed, and he never knew. But at the end of the year he wrote a message in my year book that seemed to indicate that he might have a crush on me. I don't remember the exact wording but I think it ended with "friends and so much more". Well, you know kids read each other's year books and once they saw that they started teasing him. So, he stopped hanging out with me and we just talked a little in passing. ::sigh::

Wow, I started this post thinking I'd talk about Chad, the boy I had a major crush on in high school. It ended with me asking him to the prom and him awkwardly rejecting my invitation. Heh, now THAT story had gory details. Too bad I remembered the Pedro crush.
Posted by Kelly @ 2:49 PM

Comments:

I can remember his face but I'm not positive about his name. I'm pretty sure it was Pedro.

Maybe he should have built you a cake or something.

(I hope that movie reference wasn't too obscure. Maybe I should have gone with the more obvious one: I hope you voted for him!)
Haha ... the cake comment was more than enough for me to get it. :-) I was actually thinking that when I typed it; hope my memories aren't being overtaken by movies.
I was the disinterested crushee. it was all too juvenile until I was in my late teens. Then I went out with a 13-year old. He drove me into the city for my first Chinese food. We had wine. That's a story!
Dug out the yearbooks and I remembered correctly, his name was Pedro!!! Probably still is.

Lorna: That does sound like a great story! And I'm totally not surprised that you were the crushee.
I love how you say in the comments his name was Pedro...and it probably still is.:)

I also love that he wrote "and so much more" what are kids thinking of in grade school, anyyway!?

Thanks for commenting and playing!:)
Its weird that I had the same intention of writing about a later crush.. until I remember my first one.
You cracked me up with the line about his name was Pedro and probably still is. Classic.
Hmm I guess those feelings pass away over time.
invisible