Future of the blog and best movie kisses
I just can't seem to get a template that works consistently for me. So we're going kinda bare bones here. I uploaded all the needed images, css files, etc to my personal webspace, so hopefully any future problems will be avoided.
I'm really at an indecisive point about this blog. I've never been the type of person who wants to start in-depth conversations or debates about heavy or philosophical issues with anyone other than my family or close friends. I enjoy posting fluffy, inconsequential things here but feel like I'm coming off shallow or just wasting time. And overall I find myself less and less interested in even posting the little things, and feel this disinterest will only intensify after the baby is born. However, I do still like to post occasionally, and I like visiting everyone else's blog. So, what to do? I have absolutely no idea.
I barely get any sleep these days. It's not effecting me too much, I've really never been a person who regularly gets 8 hours of sleep. But it has given me time to watch alot of movies. After reading MCF's chick flick post, I got to thinking about the all-time great movie kisses. Now I'm going to try to come up with a list of what I consider the best (and, oddly enough, very few come from chick flicks).
- Embeth Davidtz and Bruce Campbell in Army of Darkness. We've been watching the Brisco County Jr DVD, and it really makes me wish Campbell would've gotten more roles. He's just so much fun to watch. "Gimme some sugar, baby."
- Sally and Jack at the end of A Nightmare Before Christmas. Aw, it's so sweet.
- Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window. The famous soft shot of Kelly approaching Stewart in his wheelchair as he sleeps. Fantastic.
- Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy in A Mighty Wind. It had to be on here.
- Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor in The Maltese Falcon. I like Bogart but never really found him appealing, except in this movie, where I find him extremely appealing.
- Angela Bassett and Ralph Fiennes in Strange Days. It's simply the best movie kiss you'll ever find.
The first movie kiss that popped to mind is the one in Notorious, because it's so famous. But I don't think it's all that special. It was cool how Hitchcock got it past the censors, but in general I like my Cary Grant frazzled and/or fast talking, not making kissy-face. Ooooh, but that kiss at the end of Holiday is pretty great. Dang, gotta go fix my list now.
What do you all think?
I'm really at an indecisive point about this blog. I've never been the type of person who wants to start in-depth conversations or debates about heavy or philosophical issues with anyone other than my family or close friends. I enjoy posting fluffy, inconsequential things here but feel like I'm coming off shallow or just wasting time. And overall I find myself less and less interested in even posting the little things, and feel this disinterest will only intensify after the baby is born. However, I do still like to post occasionally, and I like visiting everyone else's blog. So, what to do? I have absolutely no idea.
I barely get any sleep these days. It's not effecting me too much, I've really never been a person who regularly gets 8 hours of sleep. But it has given me time to watch alot of movies. After reading MCF's chick flick post, I got to thinking about the all-time great movie kisses. Now I'm going to try to come up with a list of what I consider the best (and, oddly enough, very few come from chick flicks).
- Embeth Davidtz and Bruce Campbell in Army of Darkness. We've been watching the Brisco County Jr DVD, and it really makes me wish Campbell would've gotten more roles. He's just so much fun to watch. "Gimme some sugar, baby."
- Sally and Jack at the end of A Nightmare Before Christmas. Aw, it's so sweet.
- Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart in Rear Window. The famous soft shot of Kelly approaching Stewart in his wheelchair as he sleeps. Fantastic.
- Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy in A Mighty Wind. It had to be on here.
- Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor in The Maltese Falcon. I like Bogart but never really found him appealing, except in this movie, where I find him extremely appealing.
- Angela Bassett and Ralph Fiennes in Strange Days. It's simply the best movie kiss you'll ever find.
The first movie kiss that popped to mind is the one in Notorious, because it's so famous. But I don't think it's all that special. It was cool how Hitchcock got it past the censors, but in general I like my Cary Grant frazzled and/or fast talking, not making kissy-face. Ooooh, but that kiss at the end of Holiday is pretty great. Dang, gotta go fix my list now.
What do you all think?
Comments:
Post a Comment
The first big kiss between Ben Ffleck and Joey Lauren Adams in Chasing Amy -- now that was awesome!
I'll take the first kiss between J-Lo and George Clooney in "out of sight," if I may
"Gimmie some sugar!" may be the best line ever spoken in cinema history. I'd think you were a dude if you weren't a pregnant chick--mad props for that AoD reference. :)
Best Kiss..Desperado--Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek.
And the new template is great!
Best Kiss..Desperado--Antonio Banderas and Salma Hayek.
And the new template is great!
I've only seen the Chasing Amy one, I'll hafta see Out of Sight and Desperado.
That was a great kiss in CA, but the fact that it was Ben Affleck ruined it a bit for me. The fact that it was him and I still enjoyed it speaks alot to the effectiveness of the kiss, though.
I can't believe it was only guys that responded! I was wondering if guys even noticed stuff like that. :)
That was a great kiss in CA, but the fact that it was Ben Affleck ruined it a bit for me. The fact that it was him and I still enjoyed it speaks alot to the effectiveness of the kiss, though.
I can't believe it was only guys that responded! I was wondering if guys even noticed stuff like that. :)
You know, when thinking about movie kisses, the very first one that came to my mind is the first kiss between Eric Stoltz and Mary Stuart Masterson in "Some Kind Of Wonderful" - she offered to practice with him so he would be ready to deliver a "kiss that kills" to another girl he thought he was crazy about. It was a little experiment that brought them both to the realization that there was way more going on between them than just friendship.
Then there was the kiss between Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock in "While You Were Sleeping" which came at the very end of the movie.
Is it just me, or do these kisses make sense? Building a relationship and having a friendship with someone makes kissing romantic and meaningful and then you have all kinds of things going on besides just the physical! It also surprises me that those kinds of kisses are still in movies regardless of the decade they were made.
Kel...just call me whenever you feel like posting something on your blog. I'll be there to watch the baby!
Then there was the kiss between Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock in "While You Were Sleeping" which came at the very end of the movie.
Is it just me, or do these kisses make sense? Building a relationship and having a friendship with someone makes kissing romantic and meaningful and then you have all kinds of things going on besides just the physical! It also surprises me that those kinds of kisses are still in movies regardless of the decade they were made.
Kel...just call me whenever you feel like posting something on your blog. I'll be there to watch the baby!
Desperado is a ridiculously cool movie; you and Dave need to see it ASAP. Out of Sight was pretty good too.
I like the kiss at the end of Some Kind of Wonderful...that cover of "I can't help falling in love" that plays as the credits begin really make the moment.
I like the kiss at the end of Some Kind of Wonderful...that cover of "I can't help falling in love" that plays as the credits begin really make the moment.
Anon: I was trying to make this list different than my "favorite romance movies" list. I really like the two kisses you mentioned, but I was trying to think of the best that stood completely on their own, none of the buildup or anything. Without the "build up", I don't think either of those are spectacular. (Although, to be fair, the song leading up to the kiss in A Nightmare Before Christmas contributes alot to the effectiveness of that particular smooch.)
I'm surprised you didn't go for the kiss at the end of Sixteen Candles. Although probably like me, you're too concerned that someone is going to set their clothes on fire to really enjoy it.
Desperado and Out of Sight both seem very cool. I'm bettin' Dave has already seen them, now it's time for me to get with the cool.
I'm surprised you didn't go for the kiss at the end of Sixteen Candles. Although probably like me, you're too concerned that someone is going to set their clothes on fire to really enjoy it.
Desperado and Out of Sight both seem very cool. I'm bettin' Dave has already seen them, now it's time for me to get with the cool.
Kelly, I missed your return---I can't believe it! All the times I've haunted your name on my blogroll with that pathetic look on my face.
Best kiss: Joe E. Brown and Jack Lemmon in that movie with Marilyn M and Tony Curtis
Best kiss: Joe E. Brown and Jack Lemmon in that movie with Marilyn M and Tony Curtis
Lorna: I'll probably be gone again in a few weeks anyway.
I thought someone would bring a same-sex kiss into the mix. Glad you went fresh and classic and not with that one from In And Out.
I thought someone would bring a same-sex kiss into the mix. Glad you went fresh and classic and not with that one from In And Out.

