In a month I can
Sleep on my stomach.
Drink alcohol.
Eat mountains of lunchmeat sammiches followed by fistfuls of soft cheese.
Eat a meal without worrying about exactly how many carbs are present.
Refuse to say the phrase "September 29" ever again (unless the kiddo is born right on the due date).
Have dessert or pop!
Wear pants with zippers and buttons, not elastic.
Do chores that involve heavy lifting without Dave's help.
Justify shelling out the $$ for the 2 Gb memory card for our camera.
Get up in the middle of the night because someone else has to pee.
And, in a little while, I can think about doing this whole pregnancy thing all over again!
Drink alcohol.
Eat mountains of lunchmeat sammiches followed by fistfuls of soft cheese.
Eat a meal without worrying about exactly how many carbs are present.
Refuse to say the phrase "September 29" ever again (unless the kiddo is born right on the due date).
Have dessert or pop!
Wear pants with zippers and buttons, not elastic.
Do chores that involve heavy lifting without Dave's help.
Justify shelling out the $$ for the 2 Gb memory card for our camera.
Get up in the middle of the night because someone else has to pee.
And, in a little while, I can think about doing this whole pregnancy thing all over again!
Comments:
Post a Comment
Well, that's good to know. Even if I don't do these things, just knowing I can if I want to will be nice.
I like this post because I remember thinking some of the same things about 28 years ago. When you came into the picture, however, my list changed and the number one most exciting thing I could do in a month was "hold my first baby".
One more hint....if you eat mounds of lunch meat and fistfuls of soft cheese, there will be no fitting into your pre-pregnancy pants.
One more hint....if you eat mounds of lunch meat and fistfuls of soft cheese, there will be no fitting into your pre-pregnancy pants.
treat yourself to the memory card and justify it by snapping a lot of baby pics!
after all, you've saved tons of money by not buying alcohol and soft cheese.
after all, you've saved tons of money by not buying alcohol and soft cheese.
Pssst... I think that "Anonymous" person might know you in real life.
Sleep on my stomach. Drink alcohol.
If you drink very much alcohol you should always sleep on your stomach. Just ask John Bonham.
Sleep on my stomach. Drink alcohol.
If you drink very much alcohol you should always sleep on your stomach. Just ask John Bonham.
Oh Kelly,you would have loved pregnancy back in the day---I didn't know I shouldn't drink wine---in fact my doctor told me red wine and beer would be good for "die liebe kind". And my smoking friends, and their husbands and moms continued to smoke; I ate anythig that struck my fancy, and as I was living next to a bakery, that was lots---the bigger I got, the happier my doctor and my landlady were. And as for sleeping on my stomach: after I had been in labour for a while, something wierd was going on, so I was sent for an x-ray. When I got to the X-ray lab, a cheery nurse told me to hop (!) up on the table on my timmy. I was laughing so hard,that I tipped over the side, and had to be pulled back by the blanket I'd been lying on. And as your anonymous mum said the result is SO worth it, so I did it again, but 10 years later, when the medical profession had started to get tough.
Anon: I think baby-holding is overrated. Stomach sleeping and soft cheese eating is definitely where it's at.
And I don't care if the pants I fit into are my pre-pregnancy pants, just so I can wear pants with buttons and zippers.
Jerry: Oh, we already bought the memory card. Now we can take something like 1,000 pictures or a 10 minute high res video. Do you think that's sufficient? Can newborns even do interesting things for 10 minutes straight? Hmmm, I guess that depends on how a person defines interesting.
Darrell: Not to worry, I drink very much in moderation. I had to look up the John Bonham reference. Actually seems like a pretty mild death for a Led Zepplin band member.
Lorna: I've actually read in many places that a glass of wine or beer every now and then has absolutely no effect on the baby, but no one will say that because they feel they're giving free reign to the people who will hear that and booze it up. I don't like beer or wine, so it doesn't mean much to me, but it does take away my guilt when having the occasional NOT decaf tea.
I'll just add here -- bakeries ... mmmm-mmmm.
Anyway, I think doctors are too cautious nowadays, except for the smoking thing. That's just never good for anyone.
And I don't care if the pants I fit into are my pre-pregnancy pants, just so I can wear pants with buttons and zippers.
Jerry: Oh, we already bought the memory card. Now we can take something like 1,000 pictures or a 10 minute high res video. Do you think that's sufficient? Can newborns even do interesting things for 10 minutes straight? Hmmm, I guess that depends on how a person defines interesting.
Darrell: Not to worry, I drink very much in moderation. I had to look up the John Bonham reference. Actually seems like a pretty mild death for a Led Zepplin band member.
Lorna: I've actually read in many places that a glass of wine or beer every now and then has absolutely no effect on the baby, but no one will say that because they feel they're giving free reign to the people who will hear that and booze it up. I don't like beer or wine, so it doesn't mean much to me, but it does take away my guilt when having the occasional NOT decaf tea.
I'll just add here -- bakeries ... mmmm-mmmm.
Anyway, I think doctors are too cautious nowadays, except for the smoking thing. That's just never good for anyone.

