Wanna Play?
So, to pass the time and have a bit of fun I thought I'd start a baby pool. Guesses should include Weight, Length, Birth Date and Time. I will share all the pertinent facts I have with you guys.
My official due date is September 29, but the 20 week ultrasound actually put my due date at October 5. It is very unlikely that I will be allowed to go past my due date (so far they've been going by the Sept 29 date), but I'm going to do everything in my power to push that and not get induced.
For the past month I've been measuring one or two weeks larger than my due date, but for the rest of the pregnancy I was measuring one or two weeks smaller.
I average 4-5 painful Braxton-Hicks contractions per day.
At my appointment on August 31, I was 1 cm dialated. I did not get examined for further dialation at the following week's appointment.
Dave's stats: born 2 weeks late, weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long.
My stats: born exactly on my due date, weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long.
We were both first babies.
The guesses we have so far are at the top of the page. Leave a comment with your guesses if you feel so inclined and I'll add you in.
My official due date is September 29, but the 20 week ultrasound actually put my due date at October 5. It is very unlikely that I will be allowed to go past my due date (so far they've been going by the Sept 29 date), but I'm going to do everything in my power to push that and not get induced.
For the past month I've been measuring one or two weeks larger than my due date, but for the rest of the pregnancy I was measuring one or two weeks smaller.
I average 4-5 painful Braxton-Hicks contractions per day.
At my appointment on August 31, I was 1 cm dialated. I did not get examined for further dialation at the following week's appointment.
Dave's stats: born 2 weeks late, weighed 9 lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long.
My stats: born exactly on my due date, weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long.
We were both first babies.
The guesses we have so far are at the top of the page. Leave a comment with your guesses if you feel so inclined and I'll add you in.
Comments:
Post a Comment
(taking a big leap given the current stats, but hey, I'm a risk-taker)
September 22
9:37PM
7 pounds 2 ounces
20 inches
September 22
9:37PM
7 pounds 2 ounces
20 inches
Oooh, I hope you're wrong Jerry! We have tickets for a pre-season Penguins game that night! (That's why I chose Sept 23 -- very wishful thinking!)
Thanks for playing ...
Thanks for playing ...
I'm going with my son's stats... except for the January 8th birthday. I just don't see you exceeding your due-date by quite that much.
October 3, 8:50 AM, 8 pounds, 4 ounces and 21 inches
My son's mom went past her due-date and was able to push back the date to have our son induced... so I'm betting that you will, too.
October 3, 8:50 AM, 8 pounds, 4 ounces and 21 inches
My son's mom went past her due-date and was able to push back the date to have our son induced... so I'm betting that you will, too.
Thanks Darrell! The problem with going past my due date is that I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, so I guess that makes them pretty strict about not going late. But obviously my parents believe in my powers of persuasion!
I,m opting for the first episode of Lost, right when they have the first shock of the season; 7 lbs even, 21 inches. And hair like Suri....
Wendy: Youch, that's quite a chubster you're predicting for me!
Lorna: I would love the baby to have black Suri-like hair (I, of course, would comb it differently so it didn't look so much like a wig).
Thanks for the guesses!
Lorna: I would love the baby to have black Suri-like hair (I, of course, would comb it differently so it didn't look so much like a wig).
Thanks for the guesses!
Kelly: gestational diabetes
My ex-wife had that, too... but they still let her go several days past the due date. Almost two weeks, in fact. Of course, my ex would eat seven fried potatoes at a time, so she was asking for trouble. And, just to piss everybody off, she lost all the weight she put on while pregnant and got back down to around 100 pounds about a month after our son was born.
My ex-wife had that, too... but they still let her go several days past the due date. Almost two weeks, in fact. Of course, my ex would eat seven fried potatoes at a time, so she was asking for trouble. And, just to piss everybody off, she lost all the weight she put on while pregnant and got back down to around 100 pounds about a month after our son was born.
September 30th
11:39 AM
8 lbs 2 Oz
24 inches
11:39 AM
8 lbs 2 Oz
24 inches
Thanks, MCF.
Wendy: Every day that goes by I think the baby might actually be that big when she comes out. All the different ways she pushed out on my stomach ... very cool but also very nauseating.
Darrell: That's very heartening to hear that your ex-wife was able to go past her due date even with the g. diabetes. Did she eat all those potatoes after she found out she had it? Yikes.
Wendy: Every day that goes by I think the baby might actually be that big when she comes out. All the different ways she pushed out on my stomach ... very cool but also very nauseating.
Darrell: That's very heartening to hear that your ex-wife was able to go past her due date even with the g. diabetes. Did she eat all those potatoes after she found out she had it? Yikes.
What have I got to lose? I think I'll be generous and go on the earlier side rather than the later as I'm sure thats what the mommy to be is hoping happens:)
Date: September 28th
Time: 11:11 am
Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz
Length: 20 and a half inches
Date: September 28th
Time: 11:11 am
Weight: 7 lbs 5 oz
Length: 20 and a half inches
You sure are right, Janet. The mother-to-be wants to go earlier rather than later. :-)
BTW, you freaked my family out with the 11:11 time guess. We always have this game to try to be the first person to see the clock switch to 11:11 when in the car traveling. I can't believe none of us thought to guess that time!
BTW, you freaked my family out with the 11:11 time guess. We always have this game to try to be the first person to see the clock switch to 11:11 when in the car traveling. I can't believe none of us thought to guess that time!
By my calculations, just another 13 hours and 5 minutes to go!!!
Gotta jump in. I'm going with October 3, 1:20 AM. 8lbs., 8 oz. 22 inches. I'm with Lorna on the Suri hair. I was born a full month premature, and I had MORE hair than Suri!
Jerry: I thought for certain that I was going to go early yesterday, because I was big time sick all night Thursday into Friday. But alas, it didn't happen. I am still "with child" and really don't feel like it's going to happen today either. So I'll probably be wrong too.
Wendy: Well, it was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it. For the prize I'm going to drive to NY and video tape MCF's movement incognito and send that tape to the winner. More incentive now, no?
Kristine: I SO hope you and Lorna are right about the hair. Dave isn't a very hairy guy, though, so if she does have a full mop it'll be mostly my doing.
Wendy: Well, it was going to be a surprise, but you guessed it. For the prize I'm going to drive to NY and video tape MCF's movement incognito and send that tape to the winner. More incentive now, no?
Kristine: I SO hope you and Lorna are right about the hair. Dave isn't a very hairy guy, though, so if she does have a full mop it'll be mostly my doing.
Don't get your hopes up about an abundance of hair. If I was technologically savvy, I'd post a photo of you and your "less than Suri-like" baby mane.
Mom
Mom
If I win, I'm gonna send myself a video of me, so I finally find out what the heck I look like. ;-)
7 more days...
7 more days...
A certain hidden blogger tells us congratulations are in order, so CONGRATULATIONS Kelly & Dave! Pretty cool that the parents guessed the closest out of everyone; that baby's off to a great start! :)

