Paradoxes and Problems

Monday, November 27, 2006

100 Movies 

I'm posting this because I want to beat MCF. Ones I've seen are bold, ones I own have asteriks. 65 outta 100. He has a signficant lead ... but I also have 2 weeks vacation ahead of me. Can I do it? Will Maggie be accomodating? We shall see.

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back*
2. Fight Club
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King*
5. The Shawshank Redemption
6. GoodFellas
7. The Godfather
8. The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring*
9. Jaws
10. Donnie Darko
11. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope*
12. The Usual Suspects
13. The Matrix*
14. Raiders Of The Lost Ark*
15. Se7en
16. The Godfather: Part II
17. Gladiator*
18. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
19. Aliens
20. Sin City
21. The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers*
22. LA Confidential
23. Taxi Driver
24. Die Hard*
25. Batman Begins*
26. Back To The Future*
27. Schindler's List
28. Spider-Man 2*
29. The Big Lebowski
30. Heat
31. Reservoir Dogs
32. Blade Runner
33. Terminator 2: Judgment Day*
34. Alien
35. X-Men 2*
36. Annie Hall
37. Leon
38. Casablanca
39. Apocalypse Now
40. Memento
41. Jurassic Park*
42. It's A Wonderful Life
43. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
44. Monty Python And The Holy Grail
45. The Third Man
46. The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
47. Toy Story 2
48. A Clockwork Orange
49. Moulin Rouge!
50. The Apartment
51. The Wild Bunch
52. ET: The Extra-Terrestrial
53. Trainspotting
54. Raging Bull
55. City Of God
56. Stand By Me
57. The Thing
58. Scarface (1983)
59. Airplane!
60. The Silence Of The Lambs
61. Blue Velvet
62. Seven Samurai
63. Citizen Kane
64. 2001: A Space Odyssey
65. Shaun Of The Dead*
66. Pirates Of The Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl*
67. Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
68. Lawrence Of Arabia
69. Halloween
70. The Searchers
71. Rocky
72. Once Upon A Time In The West*
73. Platoon
74. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
75. Magnolia
76. The Deer Hunter
77. The Shining
78. American Beauty
79. Fargo
80. Chinatown
81. Saving Private Ryan
82. Vertigo
83. King Kong (2005)
84. Goldfinger
85. The Wizard Of Oz
86. Dawn Of The Dead
87. Requiem For A Dream
88. The Terminator*
89. Psycho
90. Brokeback Mountain
91. Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love the Bomb
92. The Bourne Supremacy
93. The Incredibles*
94. Some Like It Hot
95. Spirited Away
96. Rear Window*
97. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
98. This Is Spinal Tap
99. Forrest Gump
100. The Exorcist
Posted by Kelly @ 8:34 AM

Comments:

Another gauntlet thrown. Will Kelly watch 35 movies in two weeks? Will MCF watch 17? Will B13 watch 12? The race is on.

I plan to win...
please catch my comments on MCF's site on Magnolia---not that I want to influence you....
You haven't seen Goodfellas? You haven't seen Goodfellas? I repuke thee, ma'am! ;)
Yeah, I know Goodfellas is a glaring miss. I don't really like gangster/mafia movies, so I'm not looking forward to some of these. BUT, I have Pulp Fiction set to arrive tomorrow from Netflix, and so I have some to watch tonight I went to our local video store and rented Goodfellas, Airplane, and Magnolia.

Oh, it's ON!!!
Some of the movies on the list are ones that I wouldn't think twice of watching, so I'm anxious to see what you can recommend.

I watched "Brokeback Mountain" the other night. I can't wait to hear your opinion of it.

Mom
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2006 6:26 PM
Just watched the Exorcist. I have Magnolia at home too, but that's like three hours. The Third Man is due to arrive tomorrow.

1 down, 16 to go, but you're using Netflix AND a video store, so who knows...
invisible