Paradoxes and Problems

Sunday, December 31, 2006

I apparantley get all my ideas from MCF 

He posted these questions on his blog and I'm using them to do one more post before 2007.

1) What did you do in 2006 that you've never done before?
Had a baby. Related: found out that I could function, barely, feeling like I had the stomach flu everyday for 3 months. Found out I could function, barely, having 2-3 hours sleep per day for weeks.

2) Did you keep your New Years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Think I resolved to read more, and I did do that, but they were mostly pregnancy/baby related.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, many. My cousin, a friend, and 5 coworkers (or their wives). All in the fall, too. Like MCF said, very fertile year.

4) Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5) What countries did you visit?
None.

6) What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Better ability to be frugal.

7) What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory and why?
September 25 ... Maggie's birthday.

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Giving birth without pain meds.

9) What was your biggest failure?
I messed up several meals ...

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, it was a good year!

11) What was the best thing you bought?
Any comedy DVD, as it kept my sanity in the first few weeks post-partum.

12) Where did most of your money go?
Probably the mortgage.

13) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being able to wear maternity clothes. Later, being able to wear my old clothes again.

14) What scripture is a theme of 2006?
??? I'm not good with themes.

15) Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Happier.; b. Thinner or fatter? The same.; c. Richer or poorer? Poorer, but with less debt. :-)

16) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sleeping.

17) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.

18) How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve at the in-laws for a while, then at Dave's buddy's house. Christmas morning at my parents' house, Christmas evening back to the in-laws. Next two days spent with a cranky baby who was out too much.

19) Did you fall in love in 2006?
Yep, with my baby and with Dave again as he's an awesome dad. :-)

20) What was your favorite TV show?
In the past month or two I got totally hooked on MTV's Rob and Big. ::hangs head in shame::

21)What was the best book you read?
I would say Desperation but I still have a bit to go in it. Haven't had the right emotions to get it finished, but it was very good.

22) What was your greatest musical discovery of 2006?
Nothing new. I've been listening to alot of music I've liked for years ... comfort music.

23) What did you want and get?
A healthy baby.

24) What did you want and not get?
A trip to Disney World.

25) What was your favorite film this year?
Hard Candy. (And She's the Man, but don't tell anyone, k?)

26) What did you do on your birthday?
Went out to eat with Dave and my parents.

27) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Coming across enough money to pay off all our debt would've been a big helper.

28) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Way too girly and frou-frou, 'cause that's 90% of maternity wear.

29) What kept you sane?
Dave, my parents, and comedy movies/shows.

30) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Jackman, of course!

31) What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics ... blech.

32) Who did you miss?
My pap.

33) Who was the best new person you met?
Maggie, of course!

34) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Don't do household chores after your water breaks, unless you want a frantic drive to the hospital.

35) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
No Biblical quotes, no song lyrics.

Hope everyone has a great New Year!
Posted by Kelly @ 8:33 AM

Comments:

Desperation is a great book and Hugh Jackman is one of my favorite homosexuals. Great list, and happy new year.
Hey, Hugh Jackman is married. Met his wife while playing a mentally damaged inmate to her starring prison psychologist on the short-lived series Correlli.(I recently watched The Rat Tamer, the pilot episode released on DVD over here--I can see why the show didn't last) I know, your argument is going to be that Otis and Tom Cruise are married too. But this is Wolverine, damnit. :)

I thought it was wild how this post went on about motherhood and Disneyland and such things, and then suddenly your favorite movie is about internet predators and vengeance. Great film, but definitely a sudden change in the tone of your answers.

OK, I'm off to Google whatever "Rob and Big" is. Happy New Year!
He's one of my favorite homosexuals, too, Darrell!!

MCF: Hard Candy is great for a new mother of a little girl to watch. I kept telling Maggie, "This is what you do if anyone does anything to you and I'm not around to do it to them first."

Yeah, I'm kinda struggling with that whole "Vengence is the Lord's" thing right now, and I'm not saying that in a facetious way. I really do feel bad and sad about it.
Hugh Jackman? HUGH JACKMAN? you can cure yourself of this if you go to see "The Fountain". I have to go to Amazon and find out about Desperation.
you definitly need to a post on your favorite comfort music...i would be curious to know what you were listening to.
invisible